Big Data Poses Big Problems for the Healthcare Industry
Healthcare’s Business Challenge
A major health care provider and leader in palliative care, hospice, and home health care services needed to transform large volumes of discrete patient data into manageable, viewable patient records, managed in their Hyland OnBase Content Services Platform solution.
To solve this critical need the solution required:
- Extracting patient data from their Big Data warehouse solution;
- Creating a large number of custom-designed HTML5 eForm templates;
- Mine through the warehouse data in an automated manner, matching the appropriate data to the appropriate eForm and its unique set of fields;
- Render the resulting data sets and eForms into user-friendly, human-readable documents and;
- File and store the voluminous amounts of documents and data into the OnBase Platform, now accessible by the customer’s Health Care Case Workers.
There was no automated way to create dynamic eForms based on data attributes, no automated way to import this data, and no way to create electronic patient records that could be made accessible within their OnBase Solution. Previously, the customer was forced to manually create HTML eForms (from scratch) as a “one-off” IT-driven project when requests would originate from the business to view the original patient record. The old process was very labor-intensive, time-consuming, expensive, and not a practical way to migrate the Big Data content into their OnBase Content Services Solution.
IDT’s BDETL Software Solution
IDT developed a configurable software package that automates the process of transforming large volumes of patient data, originating from a Data Warehouse system, into viewable patient records – sent directly to the Health Care Provider’s OnBase system called IDT BDETL (Big Data Extract Transform & Load).
IDT BDETL consists of a configurable, data transformation & automation WorkBot that creates patient records (eForms) populated using historical data from a Big Data Warehouse source. IDT’s software solution enables I.T. Administrators or Business Analysts to easily map data elements to an HTML5 (eForm) template, create the output file(s), and documents – either HTML5 based or PDF – using pre-determined OnBase keywords for long-term storage in the Healthcare provider’s Hyland OnBase system. The resulting combined eForms and data (now documents) are stored and managed along with the existing patient records (with similar patient meta-data) within the OnBase Content Services Platform.
Benefits of IDT BDETL Solution
- Provides easy identification & rapid population of clinical data / eForm templates;
- Greatly reduces or entirely eliminates the need for manual data entry to produce patient records (documents);
- No limitations on the number of eForms populated with incoming data;
- Easy to use & requires little training;
- Enables users to quickly create or modify multiple templates using parallel processing;
- A configurable solution that allows the user(s) to add new maps to new or existing templates;
- WorkBot automatically identifies appropriate eForm template to use;
- Transforms your Big Data into an HTML5 format;
- Automatically constructs DIP (document import files) for import of HTML or PDF-based documents (searchable by key-words) into the OnBase system;
- Includes an extensive audit trail, logging & error notification.
IDT’s BDETL is an extension of IDT’s full range of product and service offering for the Hyland OnBase Content Services Platform suite. IDT’s BDETL can be deployed in either as an On-Premise solution deployed in Microsoft Azure Cloud Commercial or Government Editions based on Platform as a Service technology. More information about IDT’s Cloud Services can be found at https://www.idt-inc.com/cloud-computing-co-location/ or www.idt-inc.com.
Contact us for more information about our full line of Content Services Platform technologies and professional services. From our headquarters in Itasca, IL, we proudly serve clients throughout the domestic United States and International data-reliant markets.